So I’ve done some work for a start-up group working as an environment modeller. This is the first time I’ve done hard surface environmental game meshes and boy was it a cool learning experience. It was quite hard to find references to tutorials and articles on this subject, so I had to work a lot of things out for myself. The models were used in the groups demo pitch, and the director seemed pretty happy with my work. I was also assigned the task of finishing a pub interior, completely UVW mapping, texturing and adding some internal props. The images below are my final products, I created everything you see in the images following.
So here’s my finished Whitebeard model, without hair or textures, will be working on these aspects when I have time to spare. I was happy with the overall out come of the model it really taught me a lot about human muscle and skin. Really enjoyed the process as well, always fun to learn new techniques.
So been working on a Golem for a couple of weeks. Here’s my current WIP of him, almost done, just a few dressing up pieces. I wasn’t happy with either of his arms originally so I’m also in the progress of re-doing them. The concept art was taken from Deviant Art created by an Artist called Krezel. Here is a link to his work: http://krezel.deviantart.com/
Ok so today I’m finally going to be updating my website with some of the more current work I’ve been doing. This is starting with my white-beard character artwork from the anime one piece, which I will be completing for texturing over the next couple of days.
I’ve been working on and off on this model for a month or so, the project started out as a learning exercise for character modelling and construction within zbrush, from zspheres all the way up to high resolution. I’ve tried to give him a realistic yet stylised look and hopefully this will be reflected once the character is finally finished. I’ve not posed him or sorted anything out about posing yet, as I expect I’ll probably tackle that in 3D max. My goal for the moment is to complete the modelling and high definitions, completely re-top and UV map the character (I’ve already most of him) and then texture/pose him read for a demo reel rendering.
My texturing is not my strongest suit, so I hope to rectify this during the project, I am going to work extremely hard to try and create a really good stylised realistic texture base for this character. I really want to improve in this area, so it will probably take me a while.
I hope you enjoy the work and what I’ve accomplished with this character, I believe my modelling has improved a lot with just this project alone.
Having some issues with my images no appearing in the portfolio page. Trying to work out why, going to upload all the recent images plus a few others tomorrow. Sometimes technology is such a pain in the neck.
Been building a human male character for the MMO tales of Kalenor. Just finished it off after some hectic seam problems, specially between the head and body maps. Still got it solved, and this is the result. It’s not quite as optimizated as I had hoped, but you always learn new ways to improve your work whilst your doing it. The guys need the model for a trailer I believe, so I can’t go back over him just yet. We’ll have to see how he looks in-game and what issues arise from UV layouts etc, as this is a first for me, it’s very exciting to learn new techniques.
All that’s left to do I rig him and create a short idle animation (plus many more animations to come). Fun times!
I have Been working on a really nice concept art that I found on deviant art last week by Ransom Getty. Wanted to use it as the base for a project, currently seeing how fast I can create a nice high-rez model. I’m actually using this model along with the tutorials I was doing on the earlier head post, decided would be better for me to tackle my own model rather than follow the tutorial exactly. I’m learning on the fly as it were, re-topo is a very strange concept in zbrush, going to take some getting used to.